Who are we?
Based in the village of Copmanthorpe, on the South West of York, Panda has been serving the community for more than 30 years. Generations of little Pandas have started their life journey in our caring and capable hands. We are a registered charity, run by a volunteer committee and staffed by a strong and dedicated team of childcare professionals. We are all passionate about what we do and constantly work to improve an Early Years setting that is unique to Copmanthorpe village.
Our Mission Statement reflects this passion:
"To provide the youngest people in our community with a safe, high quality and inspirational Early Years setting to help prepare them for their journey into education and beyond."
Our Mission Statement is underpinned by a number of distinct aims. These aims are to commit to making Panda Playgroup a place where children are:
- Encouraged to develop a positive sense of themselves and their abilities.
- Encouraged to build close and lasting relationships.
- Encouraged to freely engage in different experiences enthusiastically, messily and spontaneously.
- Encouraged to explore outdoors and indoors environments and gain the confidence to solve their own problems, set their own challenges and manage their own risks.
- Helped to feel secure through the development of safe boundaries.
- Supported as unique learners to develop their full potential.
And where Parents are valued and encouraged to take an active part in their children's learning and in the running of the Playgroup.
Above all, Panda is a place that we all create together and where your children are at the centre of all activities and are supported and encouraged to make their own choices.